Healthwise NAC - N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine
N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is 100% pure pharmaceutical grade amino acid powder, derived from the amino acid L-cysteine.
This 'acetylated' form is more soluble and more stable than L-cysteine which plays an important role in the production of the free radical fighter, glutathione.
NAC is a valuable amino acid antioxidant supplement - most commonly known for detoxification of the liver and the efficient breakdown of mucus.
- Helps with detoxification to prevent or diminish kidney and liver damage
- Essential for making the powerful antioxidant glutathione
- May improve mental health conditions and substance use disorder
- Helps relieve symptoms of respiratory conditions
- Boosts brain health by regulating glutamate and replenishing glutathione
- May improve fertility in both men and women
- May reduce heart disease risk by preventing oxidative damage
- Ability to boost glutathione levels may improve immune function
As a dietary supplement for general health take 600 mg with your favourite beverage between meals.